A medical device startup developed a cytometric sepsis diagnostic system that uses a novel microfluidic assay to diagnose sepsis in patients by observing if and how single white blood cells deform when subjected to hydrodynamic forces. The client asked Syncroness to turn proof-of-concept prototypes into a medical device and disposables that were ready for clinical trials while considering cost, manufacturability, and usability.
- Delivered cytometric sepsis diagnostic system and associated disposables that were ready for clinical trials within the client’s 18-month timeframe
- Achieved rapid sepsis diagnostic score rate—from sample to score in five minutes
- Designed precision pressure, dynamic temperature control, and submicron motion system
- Completed regulatory manufacturing documentation
- Facilitated design transfer to manufacturer for production of verification units and the disposable cartridge assembly